This practical data protection fundamentals training is aimed at creating and increasing awareness of data protection. Suitable as an introductory training or as a reminder of previously learned material.
The structure of the course is as follows:
Part I: Introduction to data protection
- What is data protection and its purpose?
- Overview of the legal framework for data protection
- Relevant definitions, data controller and processor
Part II: Principles of data protection
- Lawfulness and overview of the different the legal basis
- Purpose limitation, minimization, and accuracy
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and security
- Accountability and transparency
Part III: Mandatory documents and contracts
- Overview of mandatory documents and their purpose
- Data processing registerPrivacy notice
- Data processing agreement
- Legitimate interest assessment
- Impact assessmentIn what situations are these documents used?
Every company processes personal data, starting from employee and client representative’s data to individual customer data. Such processing is governed by the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which provides specific rules for handling personal data, including high fines for violations.
Compliance with GDPR requirements is an international competitive advantage in pursuing potential business opportunities. Compliance with established rules depends on the awareness of each employee. Therefore, data protection fundamentals training is necessary for every company to provide relevant knowledge to new and existing employees.
Part IV: The role of a data protection officer in a company
- Purpose and tasks
Part V: Rights of data subjects
- Overview of the rights
- Timelines related to performing the rights
- How to recognise data subject requests?
Part VI: Sub-processors and transfer of personal data to third countries
- Transfer requirements
- Possible implications in everyday work
Part VII: Security of personal data processing
- Technical and organizational measures
- Personal data breaches
Part VIII: Liability and Fines
- Fines stipulated in laws and liable persons
- Examples of fines in practice
Upon completion of the course, the trainee:
- understands the nature and principles of personal data protection at a basic level
- understands the necessity and benefits of complying with personal data protection rules at the company level
- is familiar with data protection terms
- can identify situations that may require the involvement of a data protection officer
- knows the necessity of mandatory documents
- knows the possible consequences of violating personal data protection rules.
All participants will receive official certification given after passing the test by answering more than 80% of the questions correctly.